Перейти к содержанию

Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles / Льитдонея: Азурские Острова

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Ох, повторюсь, как я говорила в одном из тем на оффоруме - ты бог левелдизайна :D

Админы, да выдайте ему уже уникальный статус, невежливо называть бога мимопроходимцем :D

• Ответов 183
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

I will definitely keep your comment in my mind and try to have a good balance between thick swamp lands and open islands. Thanks, Crystallize!

You're welcome. :) Keep some reasonable 20-50cm distance between obstacles just like on screenshot. Looks like you've got that right.

BTW, this feeling of safety doesn't exist in modern games because of any kind of distand land. Skyrim mountains look like predators that wanna eat me.

Ох, повторюсь, как я говорила в одном из тем на оффоруме - ты бог левелдизайна :D

Админы, да выдайте ему уже уникальный статус, невежливо называть бога мимопроходимцем :D

I'm flattered, Frikky. :nimb: My favorite work is as a левелдизайна! Making tropical islands and swampy backwaters is such fun!

Hahah, well for what it's worth, I really like the sound and look of that word, мимопроходимцем. I think the closest English equivalent I can think of is "wayfarer".

You're welcome. :) Keep some reasonable 20-50cm distance between obstacles just like on screenshot. Looks like you've got that right.

BTW, this feeling of safety doesn't exist in modern games because of any kind of distand land. Skyrim mountains look like predators that wanna eat me.

And you're saying Skyrim did it well by keeping the open feeling of the landscape? You felt you had no protection from the predatory mountains? I will say that some areas in Lyithdonea will feel that way, there are plenty of open beaches. But some areas will contain dense foliage. You can't expect that Argonia would look the same as Skyrim, no? Perhaps the trees become the predators rather than the mountains...

My favorite work is as a левелдизайна!

It was so great and cute so I want this phrase to my signature. With copyright, of course. You would not mind?

Also, great work, but I think, Azurian elves must has some other colors in theyr buildings - may be, more grey or for different, colored by pastel pink and green.

Those ones look perfect, this one especially. You're kinda surrounded by bushes, trees and rocks from all directuions, which makes you feel safe, same thing how fog and landscape makes you feel in vanilla Morrowind.

How did you came up with a "Tamtreskashtu" title? It sounds like "там треска, штук:" or "там треска, что", and I like it. :)

"Там треска, а что?" )))

I'm not 100% done with the tigers or many of the other creatures. As I've said, making creatures isn't my forte, but I think I could do better now, especially on the texturing, than I did several years ago on that tiger! :D So once I get through the exteriors, expect me to start focusing on clothing and creatures a bit more. After all, I'll need to populate the wilderness! Thank you for the critique, morrow.

I didn't even expect you to come so quickly, Melchior. =) Mod creators who cannot speak russian usually do not pilot their boats into the little harbour of Fullrest.ru so it's especially glad to see you here. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean that pashats' similarity with tigers was a shortcoming, cause I understand the difficulty of creating textures, models and animation for animals and I understand that fact that you're still busy with exteriors. Just a wish for you to fix it later. ;-)

Here is the latest update for Lyithdonea!

Just thought I'd show a little of what I've been working on. I'm pressing on with trying to get these exteriors done. I still have a decent amount of work to do. But progress is good. Right now I'm reworking the Thousand Isles region to be more swampy and congested and less open and barren. Here's some WIP shots:

Screen 01

Screen 02

Before that, I was reorganizing the city layout of the capitol and trying to improve access between the various districts. To make the city more efficient. This is still a work in progress (especially the docks!). But feel free to take a look.

Azura City

I know! I've made everyone wait far too long. Life got in the way. :D

Swamps are nice. I am looking forward to explore them in dark nights.

Azura City looks majestic. The Manor District's situation right over the Shacks Quarter is breathtaking. It seems like that abodes of richmen will fall on poor men's hovels one day :sos:

Also I pity poor people of the Shack District since they have to live by listening to waterfall's "music" :-D Maybe it will be a good decision to put a sound of falling water in this location cause a persistent din should be inevitable near such a high waterfall.

What about the population mix in Lyithdonea? Mostly dunmers as far as I understand it?

To Scarab-Framer

Феникс, если ты засунешь секции (История, Места, Фауна и т.д.) в спойлеры (а то сам я отредактировать его не могу), то я закреплю первое сообщение. Заодно надо поправить совершенно нечитаемый салатовый цвет разъяснений к документам в секции лора. Спасибо.

It was so great and cute so I want this phrase to my signature. With copyright, of course. You would not mind?

Also, great work, but I think, Azurian elves must has some other colors in theyr buildings - may be, more grey or for different, colored by pastel pink and green.

Lol, go right ahead, Tyddner, you have my blessing. :V:

I'd considered recoloring their buildings.., I may toy around with the idea again and see if I get any results I like. However, I'd probably be editing the vanilla textures if I did so... or else making my own from scratch. I've never been happy with any of the Velothi retextures. Wel, actually, is this replacer yours? Maybe I could use that as a base... by the way, how'd you get that ripple effect under the waterfall of this picture?

Где там Цернон? Пусть оценит многоярусные конструкции с хижинами, да и вообще всё остальное))

Hahah, well for what it's worth, I really like the sound and look of that word, мимопроходимцем. I think the closest English equivalent I can think of is "wayfarer".

Well, not quite that. It means "stranger (or guest) whose visits are infrequent". You're an "infrequent guest" since you do not have too much posts on the Fullrest Forum.

Sorry for off-topic.

Изменено пользователем morrow

I didn't even expect you to come so quickly, Melchior. =) Mod creators who cannot speak russian usually do not pilot their boats into the little harbour of Fullrest.ru so it's especially glad to see you here. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean that pashats' similarity with tigers was a shortcoming, cause I understand the difficulty of creating textures, models and animation for animals and I understand that fact that you're still busy with exteriors. Just a wish for you to fix it later. ;-)

Swamps are nice. I am looking forward to explore them in dark nights.

Azura City looks majestic. The Manor District's situation right over the Shacks Quarter is breathtaking. It seems like that abodes of richmen will fall on poor men's hovels one day :sos:

Also I pity poor people of the Shack District since they have to live by listening to waterfall's "music" :-D Maybe it will be a good decision to put a sound of falling water in this location cause a persistent din should be inevitable near such a high waterfall.

What about the population mix in Lyithdonea? Mostly dunmers as far as I understand it?

Well, as long as you guys don't mind my use of the Latin alphabet on your forum, I'll continue on. :-D I enjoy seeing what's going on in the Russian modding community, usually there are things going on here that you don't hear about on the official forums.

Yes, those poor folks best beware that the rich don't come crashing down on them! And I'm glad you like the look of the city. :)

Thank you for the suggestion on adding an ambient sound to that area. I really like that idea! I will do so. The grotto the shacks are built into would naturally amplify the sound as well.

As for the population, yes it is mostly Dunmer. A higher population of Dunmer than on Vvardenfell. But the Dunmer in Lyithdonea are divergent from their Mainland brethren. Many in the priestly line still bear the appearance of Chimer. And the Dunmer who settled in the Thousand Isles region have diverged from the typical Chimeri or Dunmeri appearance due to their unique environment... there is also a small population of Argonians who are comprised of both ex-slaves and immigrants from nearby Black Marsh. There are representatives from the other races, but they are recent arrivals. For instance, the Guild of Mages has a campus on the isles. Oh, and you just might meet some individuals from Mysterious Akavir as well...

Lol, go right ahead, Tyddner, you have my blessing. :V:

Thank you new_%20(2).gif

I'd considered recoloring their buildings.., I may toy around with the idea again and see if I get any results I like. However, I'd probably be editing the vanilla textures if I did so... or else making my own from scratch. I've never been happy with any of the Velothi retextures. Wel, actually, is this replacer yours? Maybe I could use that as a base... by the way, how'd you get that ripple effect under the waterfall of this picture?

Yes, this replacer is mine, it is closiest to vanilla gamma and style how it possible with my humble skills. And of course you can use any of my mods for free.

Ripples are effect of Abot's water shader for MGE XE.

As for the population, yes it is mostly Dunmer. A higher population of Dunmer than on Vvardenfell. But the Dunmer in Lyithdonea are divergent from their Mainland brethren. Many in the priestly line still bear the appearance of Chimer. And the Dunmer who settled in the Thousand Isles region have diverged from the typical Chimeri or Dunmeri appearance due to their unique environment... there is also a small population of Argonians who are comprised of both ex-slaves and immigrants from nearby Black Marsh. There are representatives from the other races, but they are recent arrivals. For instance, the Guild of Mages has a campus on the isles. Oh, and you just might meet some individuals from Mysterious Akavir as well...

So you mean you won't use vanilla Dunmer textures but you are going to create 2 "sub-races" (for the majority of Lyithdonean dunmers and for dunmers who inhabit the Thousand Isles)?

"individuals from Mysterious Akavir" - Kamal? Tsaesci? Tang Mo? Ka Po' Tun? All four of them? :yazik: Or it is a secret yet? =))

Изменено пользователем morrow

Yes, this replacer is mine, it is closiest to vanilla gamma and style how it possible with my humble skills. And of course you can use any of my mods for free.

Ripples are effect of Abot's water shader for MGE XE.

Thank you! Obviously changing the color isn't high on my list of priorities right now. But after I get the exteriors done, I'll have enough breathing room with finessing the color palette of the isles!

So you mean you won't use vanilla Dunmer textures but you are going to create 2 "sub-races" (for the majority of Lyithdonean dunmers and for dunmers who inhabit the Thousand Isles)?

"individuals from Mysterious Akavir" - Kamal? Tsaesci? Tang Mo? Ka Po' Tun? All four of them? :yazik: Or it is a secret yet? =))

Yes, there will be a sub-race of Dunmer in the Thousand Isles region. They are unofficially known as the Ouamer. And as far as Chimer go, I have not yet decided what the exact split will be. It is entirely logical that the entirety of House Azura escaped the Azura's curse at Red Mountain... unless, she wasn't actually responsible for the Dunmer skin-change... but there will definitely be some representation of Chimer and possibly half-Chimer (Vivec-style) in the isles.

As to your last question, no, they are no secret. :shell: see?

Maybe the Akaviri men?

I have picked up a recent interest in the Men of Akavir and the Men of Morrowind... and a slim possible connection between the two. So, they could also be a possibility...

Yes, there will be a sub-race of Dunmer in the Thousand Isles region. They are unofficially known as the Ouamer. And as far as Chimer go, I have not yet decided what the exact split will be. It is entirely logical that the entirety of House Azura escaped the Azura's curse at Red Mountain... unless, she wasn't actually responsible for the Dunmer skin-change... but there will definitely be some representation of Chimer and possibly half-Chimer (Vivec-style) in the isles.
I personally think Azura is a liar and "her" curse was not her (and maybe there were no curse at all as it is said that it was Boethia who teached Chimer how to wear their skin).

About the modern Chimer. As you may know, there is a tribe of Chimeri-quey who live on Cathnoquey and have retained their Chimeri appearance. And I suppose Cathnoquey is located not so far from Lyithdonea.

As to your last question, no, they are no secret. :shell: see?
Wow! Wonderful.

Like I said above, "Совомедведи" did not translate well. I'm not sure what it or "ДНД" are. "ДНД" translates as PSD. Which I only know as PhotoShop files. :dontknow:

Совомедведи is Owlbear in Russian. ДНД is Dungeons and Dragons, or D & D. And the question is.

Did not Owlbear monsters from D & D?

Just glad to see you here. Welcome.

Изменено пользователем Ivar

Совомедведи is, Owlbear in Russian. ДНД is Dungeons and Dragons, or D & D. And the question is.

It was explai... тьфу, объяснили же на прошлой странице.

Oh, I forgot. Have a fishy stick, Melchior! :)

В курсе. Я слишком часто сначала отвечаю на на ответ на моё сообщение. И лишь потому читаю трейд. Прощу прощения.

Изменено пользователем Ivar

I personally think Azura is a liar and "her" curse was not her (and maybe there were no curse at all as it is said that it was Boethia who teached Chimer how to wear their skin).

About the modern Chimer. As you may know, there is a tribe of Chimeri-quey who live on Cathnoquey and have retained their Chimeri appearance. And I suppose Cathnoquey is located not so far from Lyithdonea.

Wow! Wonderful.

I'm of the same opinion as you, I think Azura simply likes to take advantage of her foreknowledge. Though I'm on the fence about what really made the Chimer->Dunmer change in appearance occur. Boethiah was definitely responsible for the philosophical switch from Aldmer->Chimer, but I've hypothesized that the skin change could have been a side-effect of the Tribunal's actions on the Heart of Lorkhan.

Совомедведи is Owlbear in Russian. ДНД is Dungeons and Dragons, or D & D. And the question is.

Just glad to see you here. Welcome.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Ivar! I finally got the gist of the question, lol.

Oh, I forgot. Have a fishy stick, Melchior! :)

Thank you, Phoenix! Do you prefer Phoenix or Phoenix-Neko or Scarab-Farmer? It seems I'm at a loss for people's aliases here. Siberian Crab said he didn't care what I called him, lol.

Worked on the exteriors a lot tonight, mostly in the Thousand Isles area. But I also messed around with the mountain in the southeast. I took an overview shot of the isles so you all can see how it's shaping up. The colors look funny because it was barely visible in game so I toned it up in PS.

About two weeks ago i decided to uninstall Morrowind, to free my poor hard disk a bit. Now installing it again. And you know why, Melchior? Of course you know...

Thank you for your work. Waiting for release or some tests :3

___

Пипец, мне б такой КПД -___-

Изменено пользователем Haru

And you're saying Skyrim did it well by keeping the open feeling of the landscape?

Generally speaking, Skyrim did not do well anything at all. (you can always find some good elements though) You have to take effort to find a game as generic and uninspiringly looking, as this. I think Doom 3 will make it.

You felt you had no protection from the predatory mountains?

Yes.

I will say that some areas in Lyithdonea will feel that way, there are plenty of open beaches.

Beaches in soft Morrowind's fog don't look even nearly as menacing as Skyrim mountains. :)

Perhaps the trees become the predators rather than the mountains...

Unlike mountains, trees don't have tooth-like structure.

About two weeks ago i decided to uninstall Morrowind, to free my poor hard disk a bit. Now installing it again. And you know why, Melchior? Of course you know...

Thank you for your work. Waiting for release or some tests :3

___

Пипец, мне б такой КПД -___-

Well I'm making good progress, so keep your eyes out for that beta! I'm hoping to get it out this spring!

Unlike mountains, trees don't have tooth-like structure.

But they can have grasping limbs and roots and oppressive canopies. ;)

Here's a Fullrest exclusive; I made a proper looking mountain for Lyithdonea. Crystallize, maybe this has that imposing feel you're craving. ;)

Cool peak! Even cold.

The bridge on the second shot remindes of LA ;-)

I've been waiting for this topic for three years.

Изменено пользователем Марк К. Марцелл

It seems to be the plugin development, so it must be located in Masters' Guild. Moving to position )

-

Похоже это разработка плагина, значит тема должна быть в Гильдии Мастеров. Переезжаем)

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...