Перейти к содержанию

Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles / Льитдонея: Азурские Острова

Рекомендуемые сообщения

• Ответов 183
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

I'm curious, how is the Maormeri island Pyandonea spelled in the Russian version?
Pee-Un-Donea (Google spells it very well, press the "Listen" button to hear the Russian).

I wonder too how it was intended to spell Lyithdonea.

Lee-It-Donea

Leet-Donea

Lit-Donea

Lite-Donea

L'it-Donea

?

I've always pronounced Pyandonea as Pie-un-do-nee-ah. The "y" pronounced as in "why" or "asylum". And the "ea" being pronounced like "aurorean" or "caveat".

Therefore, I pronounce Lyithdonea as Lie-ith-doh-nee-ah. However, being almost completely unfamiliar with Russian phonetic practices, I'm not sure those pronunciations would translate well! :dontknow:

With that said, I kind of liked the way Pyandoea sounded when pronounced as Pee-un-doh-nee, it sounds exotic and rolls nicely off the tongue. But I don't think Lie-ith-doh-nee sounds quite as good... Lie-doh-nee sounds better... but still not quite right.

Boethiah was definitely responsible for the philosophical switch from Aldmer->Chimer, but I've hypothesized that the skin change could have been a side-effect of the Tribunal's actions on the Heart of Lorkhan.
Maybe it's the Daedric worship itself. Look at the Orsimer. Kinda bad for your skin color :)

Thank you, Phoenix! Do you prefer Phoenix or Phoenix-Neko or Scarab-Farmer? It seems I'm at a loss for people's aliases here. Siberian Crab said he didn't care what I called him, lol.
I don't really care as well :)

Therefore, I pronounce Lyithdonea as Lie-ith-doh-nee-ah. However, being almost completely unfamiliar with Russian phonetic practices, I'm not sure those pronunciations would translate well! :dontknow:
Лай-ит-донея. Our guesses were different, must I say. Lite-donea is most close.

Галерея с красивейшими скриншотами на ДевиантАрте. Может быть, кое-где чуточку перебор с фотошопом :-D

Maybe it's the Daedric worship itself. Look at the Orsimer. Kinda bad for your skin color :)

That is a very valid point... and one I'll keep in mind...

Галерея с красивейшими скриншотами на ДевиантАрте. Может быть, кое-где чуточку перебор с фотошопом :-D

Hahah! Hey! I was experimenting. :D

Took a break from the Thousand Isles region to work on some of the "mountains" of Lyithdonea. They aren't technically tall enough that I'd call them mountains, so we can call them peaks. Either way, they help create an eye-pleasing contrast to the low, smooth beaches.

Screen 01

Screen 02

Screen 03

Screen 04

Screen 05

Thanks, aL!

I've updated the progress for this mod (Scarab, may want to update and translate the OP with this new information). ;)

Azura (City + Island)

Exterior - 85%

Interior - 5%

Dor Dalla (GoM Campus + Island)

Exterior - 90%

Interior - 5%

Gateway Canton (Steampark Canton + Dock + Immediate Settlement)

Exterior - 85%

Interior - 0%

Ouakhen (Distinct Gateway Canton Settlement)

Exterior - 90%

Interior - 0%

Keastral Island (Name sucks)

Exterior - 90%

Dungeons - 10%

Jermora Region (City of Jermora nixed, region exists as wilderness path to the Isles of Dusk)

Exterior - 75%

Dungeons - 0%

Jermora Docks (Docks + Hostel for pilgrims)

Exterior - 90%

Interior - 0%

Isles of Dusk

Exterior - 85%

Dungeons - 0%

Isles of Dawn

Exterior - 50%

Dungeons - 0%

Drakhis Region

Exterior - 75%

Dungeons - 15%

Drakhis (City of the Dead - up for exterior redesign)

Exterior - 50%

Interior - 1%

Ouamuhr Island (Ouag Tong HQ)

Exterior - 75%

Interior - 0%

Starmount Region (Mountain + Shrine)

Exterior - 80%

Dungeons - 0%

Starmount Settlement (Subterranean Settlement - up for redesign)

Exterior - 50%

Interior - 5%

Mount Velnilo Region

Exterior - 90%

Dungeons - 0%

Zainus Lagoon (previously Dundaeth Lagoon)

Exterior - 85%

Dungeons - 15%

Gah-Fredath Lighthouse (Eastern Lighthouse)

Exterior - 70%

Interior - 0%

Thousand Isles Region

Exterior - 60%

Dungeons - 0%

Bnay (Main Islander/Ouameri City - up for redesign)

Exterior - 50%

Interior - 1%

Delaruhn

Exterior - 95%

Interior - 20%

Tarshon Region (The Scabrous Residuum)

Exterior - 60%

Dungeons - 0%

As you can see, I've been hard at work on the exteriors. There's been some reduction of scope, with several settlements being downsized or replaced with wilderness areas. And a couple of the remaining settlements may be redesigned. Especially the City of the Dead (Drakhis) and the Islander City in the swamps (Bnay)

Изменено пользователем Melchior

Depends on what I'll consider 1.0. I'd say it shouldn't be much longer for the Exteriors, Interiors, and NPCs to be completed (provided I can get enough help with the interiors). But I have a quest line written as well which may be further down the road.

Depends on what I'll consider 1.0. I'd say it shouldn't be much longer for the Exteriors, Interiors, and NPCs to be completed (provided I can get enough help with the interiors). But I have a quest line written as well which may be further down the road.

It's clear! Morrowind well taught waiting, i will surely wait for final version of your mod!)

In honor of my recent interview here, I've compiled a simple annotated map for Lyithdonea. Enjoy!

Annotated Map

Blank Map

Whoa! It's kinda easier to understand the scale of this project... And the map itself is interesting - I like the style. It allows to make simple design look deeper and catch the eye.

I've compiled a simple annotated map for Lyithdonea. Enjoy!

It's looking great! Do you want to make from this some kind of medieval-style map, like vvardenfell guide maps or official map for TESIII?

P.S. And let me tell you about our site's hosting for images: pic.fullrest.ru

Thanks aL, Darin, and Tyddyner!

@Tyddyner: I definitely want to make a "Guide to Lyithdonea" scroll like the "Guide to Vvardenfell" which has small sketches of various areas. It'd also be nice to have a detailed full map of the isles for decoration and player usage as well.

Oh, and I actually replaced the links with links to my dropbox account. I only uploaded them directly because I couldn't access my db account where I was. I assume we like to keep the file attachments to a minimum here? But that's awesome that you guys have a dedicated image hosting site! I'll check it out. :)

• 2 недели спустя...

Speaking of maps, I recently placed Lyithdonea on a map of Nirn. This is the most lore-correct map of Nirn I have found: with a relatively small Akavir and Pyandonea and with the island of Roscrea being located north of Tamriel as implied by the 3rd PGE.

So you can take a look and see where Lyithdonea is in relation to the rest of the world! Note that, according to the lore in my mod, there are most likely other groups of islands along a sparse chain down from Lyithdonea towards Pyandonea, especially off the coast of Black Marsh. And I would place Pyandonea further Southeast. But otherwise, this is a really good map.

http://pic.fullrest.ru/upl/S5ozJlYj.png

I've started going back through all the old creatures I've made and making minor improvements. One of those is the "Imbued Statue" which has become the "Sigil Golem".

You can take a look at how it turned out by checking out the video I made.

Yes, it uses the Vivec floating idle, it needed a magical animation and we're pretty limited on that besides Vivec and Almalexia.

• 2 недели спустя...

Hmm. Interesting work... But, IMHO, for homeshrine of lower/middleclass, Azura's statue is too detailed - and there is no images of ancestors.

I think, the godlings in the shrine must be more crude and rough, like concept-like images of ALMSIVI in the Tribunal Temples and Vivec City; may be, like those.

I make a fast concept of my minds:

http://pic.fullrest.ru/upl/BmdVsJhb.png

In the center is rough and primitive statuette of Azura, near she - homemade ancestors idols.

And in the second - may be at Lyitdonea will be another tapestries, made by analog of bamboo - like this or that one.

Also, I like your still progressing your mod!

Изменено пользователем Tyddyner

Thanks for the critique and suggestions, Tyddner!

I put very little work into asset creation for this showcase, I was more curious to see what could be accomplished using vanilla assets. The ancestors are represented by keeping a finger bone, jaw bone, femur, that sort of thing. I don't think I want to have effigies for them (though I do like that art you did for them). The ancestors are mostly supposed to be represented on the ancestor banner behind the shrine (which I think needs some more names and words on it).

As far as the statue of Azura goes, I agree with you. I think I'll take your concept art of her as inspiration and see what I can come up with for a crude effigy. I actually made something similar, a Maormer effigy (I don't have a picture though).

Oh, hmmm, that's a good idea about the banner material. I'll see what I can come up with for a bamboo hanging. I would definitely like to use bamboo more here and there in the isles, and this is a good excuse to do so. Thanks for the idea.

Granted, these shrines aren't a high priority right now, so I might not get back to it for a while, but I've taken note of your suggestions! Hopefully I'll make even more progress this evening! I need to make some coves for the Padomaic Pirates to hide in...

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...