Перейти к содержанию

Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles / Льитдонея: Азурские Острова

Рекомендуемые сообщения

I was tired of looking at the "old" bamboo meshes. So I've conducted a 4th iteration. This is the most I've changed any one thing for this mod... but I am very happy with the result!

Bamboo forest 2 3

• Ответов 183
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

I was tired of looking at the "old" bamboo meshes. So I've conducted a 4th iteration. This is the most I've changed any one thing for this mod... but I am very happy with the result!

Bamboo forest 2 3

Excellent, but too monotonous: some trees must be lower, some - crooked, some - thinner

Excellent, but too monotonous: some trees must be lower, some - crooked, some - thinner

Well there are currently two different variations: one only slightly crooked and one bent slightly.

But a lot of the bamboo forests I've seen in pictures are fairly monotonous as well, with a few exceptions of course. But I do intend to add at least two other variants, probably varying the diameter of the stalk mostly.

May be, you should place some fog meshes over the trees, to make lighting and sky in the forest closer to reality (more blue-grey).

That could be interesting. Though it might look funny from up above.

Тоже давно слежу за модом и с нетерпением жду. Уникальная атмосфера на скриншотах.

Bесна 2014!

At least, that's my plan. :D

• 2 месяца спустя...

Progress!

I started off working on some of the remaining barren islands in the Southern portion of the Thousand Isles region and also touching up the Ouameri city of Bnay some more. Screens below:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Screens 3 and 5 are amazing.

Can players use these strange balloons as a mode of transportation or they are just elements of architectural composition?

Thanks!

Right now, I don't plan to use the balloons as transportation. The islanders use the Quilled Netch for that purpose. The balloons function mostly as structural supports and suspended light sources.

Very nice wood constructions and other stuff on screen 5. Respect!

Thank you! Credits to the Resdayn Revival team for those wooden huts.

Nice pics, especially the last one. But some flora on scr. 2 looks too bright and doesn't suite environment.

Right now, I don't plan to use the balloons as transportation.
Soon: Abot's Baloons for Lyithdonea. ;-)

Nice pics, especially the last one. But some flora on scr. 2 looks too bright and doesn't suite environment.

Soon: Abot's Baloons for Lyithdonea. ;-)

Thanks!

And I've had some similar comments about the bamboo. The textures are based off of picture references which may have been influenced by the ambient light they were subjected to. They look really good by themselves, but they do really stick out when combined with other flora. I may tweak them before the beta release. Thanks for the critique!

Very nice plugin.

Судя по прогрессу интерьер и данж, работы еще очень много.

Thank you!

Внешние будет завершен первый.

And I've had some similar comments about the bamboo. The textures are based off of picture references which may have been influenced by the ambient light they were subjected to. They look really good by themselves, but they do really stick out when combined with other flora. I may tweak them before the beta release. Thanks for the critique!

Yep, exactly. These bamboos are a little bit out of colour with the rest of the greenery. Maybe you should add some tints of yellow or blue. Another noticeable problem is that all bamboo stems have the same colour (and the same model as well) and since they usually stand together in little copses they look strange and artificial. What about creating two or three different bamboo textures to make a diversity (if you have enough time of course ;-) )?

Yep, exactly. These bamboos are a little bit out of colour with the rest of the greenery. Maybe you should add some tints of yellow or blue. Another noticeable problem is that all bamboo stems have the same colour (and the same model as well) and since they usually stand together in little copses they look strange and artificial. What about creating two or three different bamboo textures to make a diversity (if you have enough time of course ;-) )?

I don't know if I see it as a problem that the stems all have the same color. If I made it so that every bamboo in Lyithdonea could have 2-3 different bark textures and 6 different model variations then I'd never place them all.

There are actually a couple different bamboo models (3 or 4, IIRC). But the changes between them aren't drastic. Variations in the bends and height. I don't really want any severely leaning versions or anything. It may be possible to achieve a more varied look, like this by simply rotating some of the bamboo slightly. Right now, they are definitely mostly vertical with very little rotational variation.

It may be possible to achieve a more varied look, like this by simply rotating some of the bamboo slightly. Right now, they are definitely mostly vertical with very little rotational variation.

It could be nice. All the stems are growing parallelly with each other in this screenshot ( https://dl.dropboxus...ogress%2001.png ) so I believe it's a good idea to diversify them by rotating and by planting them a bit angularly.

Изменено пользователем morrow

It could be nice. All the stems are growing parallelly with each other in this screenshot ( https://dl.dropboxus...ogress%2001.png ) so I believe it's a good idea to diversify them by rotating and by planting them a bit angularly.

Heh. It may appear so at first glance. But look closer.

And look at these screenshots as well. 1 2

• 4 недели спустя...

I'm still spending as much time as I am able on this. But most of what I am working on right now I don't want to show you guys anyway. I got to keep some secrets for the release after all. ;)

But, in the meantime, remember those Tang Mo I made? Well, for your reading pleasure, I compiled an interview with one of them where he discusses monkeys, hand bombs, snow demons, and the right kind of crazy. He was a surprisingly eloquent monkey.

Also, just for some context, this is the map I made and have been working from to give Lyithdonea some context in the Padomaic Ocean (updated from previous versions shown).

Изменено пользователем Melchior

• 2 недели спустя...

Thanks!

Well it's hard to avoid the resemblance with a large northern and southern landmass. :D

I think I made Atmora a bit larger than I want it, but that doesn't have much relation to my mod anyway, so fixing that isn't a high priority.

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...