Перейти к содержанию

Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles / Льитдонея: Азурские Острова

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Скрины бы в .jpg формате...

К чёрту jpg он иногда некорректно сжимается и искажает реальную картинку.

To the hell ,jpg, it is sometimes incorrectly compressed and distorts the real picture.

Изменено пользователем Цернон
translating

• Ответов 183
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

Прошу всех использовать в этом треде язык автора, чтобы ему было понятно без дополнительных трудностей.

I ask everybody to use author native language in this thread so it will be comfortable for him to understand you.

Мельхиор проект в одиночку тащит ?

Скрины бы в .jpg формате...

Is Melchior forcing this project alone?

I wish screenshots to be in .jpg format ...

Yep, I have no team. But I have had some people donate interior cells for the project which has been an immense help!

I only use .jpg when there is a specific file size I am trying to reach. When I'm showing off my mod, I don't want any of that nasty compression!

• 4 недели спустя...

Hey, I've got a bunch of updates for those who may not have seen these yet!

I finally had some time to work on Lyithdonea for a bit. I've been focusing on items; ingredients and loot from animals, plants, and minerals, mostly. I plan to show some of that off soon, once I have even more done. But for tonight I have only one ingredient to show off: sea salt. Or, rather I am showing off where it comes from - the ingredient model itself is rather ordinary. http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

Salt pans 01 - 02 - 03

Salt Rake

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to show some of the ingredients you'll find in Lyithdonea.

Both for the fun of it, and to showcase some of what I've made for Lyithdonea, I quickly whipped up a couple pages for the Lyithdonea Primer which will introduce you to some of the things you'll encounter there. Since I've mostly been working on items recently, this is a flashier way of presenting them then with simple Nifskope shots. http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Lyithdonea Primer

Page 1

Page 2

And, just to let you guys know I'm still working on this thing, here are some more screenshots!

Jubuka'im Far produces wickwheat, krrin, and peaches!

Has a nice view of Starmount

The mill

Sacks of flour

And peaches

The farmer had a wild looking guard "dog"

Outbound goods

Spare millstones arriving at the docks

Not everything I'm doing right now is very screenshot worthy though. Fixing and/or adding collision to meshes, working on leveled lists, adding new containers, etc. aren't terrific photo-ops. :D

Wo-oh, man. And delicious, just dont shoot.

Are you planning to update your map in first post? Maybe you can show ingame map?

Scarab-Phoenix should update the OP with this map. It's the latest one I've made - the one currently being used is pretty outdated.

• 9 месяцев спустя...

Coming very soon!

I am bundling everything up and then the alpha will be available for your critiquing and testing pleasure.

Изменено пользователем Melchior

Lyithdonea ALPHA has been released!

Well, that's one of the best landmass mods for Morrowind I've ever seen. It's beautiful. Very good level design: cities, villages, monasteries, ruins, wild places - all of them. Wonderful flora, many new plants and ingredients (one of the things you should do before final release - create "graphic herbalism" variant). Vegetation over cliffs is most successful, I guess. New creatures are ok. Though Morrowind is not a friendly base for modders' animals, it's better to add ones than to deal with vanilla from mod to mod.

It's alpha, so I won't post screens of flying rocks or holes in models. The only global problem was the sound. Vvardenfell is too silent - Lyithdonea is annoying. The engine doesn't support environmental sounds' fading - you either hear them or not. So it's better not to use noisy sounds (like you do in forests) - players hear they are cut off. Use repeating sounds and few seconds of silence, use fade in and fade out if necessary (if you need any help with sounds or processing - you can send me a PM). Also some creatures on isles are too loud and yell too often - clinker, for example. Every second :-)

Unfortunately I couldn't look at grass and corals (my PC is too old for MGE).

And now 5 seconds of philosophy :-) IMHO, the mod consists of hundred of masterpieces. Like a kaleidoscope. It's a real fun to explore them, even in alpha. But Lyihdonea is not a masterpiece itself. You've created unique content, enough for three maps of Tamriel Rebuilt and placed it on dozen of small isles. So Asurian archipelago feels like a bright fairytale - not like another world, as vanilla Morrowind, TR or S:HoN do.

Thanks, Марк!

I plan to do a Graphic Herbalism patch down the road.

And I agree about animals, I wanted to minimize how many creatures from Morrowind I used in my mod.

Actually, I do not mind seeing screenshots of floating objects. I'm going to be trying to work on interior, dialogue, and adding NPCs so I won't be focusing on fixing up the exteriors again for a little while. So any feedback there would be appreciated so I can go and fix things as they are identified by players. Maybe just uploading the screenshots into an online image album.

If there is a way to make the sounds less jarring for players, I would be interested. My goal was for natural sounds in the environment, so if I haven't achieved that, then I will either remove those sounds or try to fix it. I honestly didn't test the sounds out much other than running around at high speed to check for issues. Not sure what I can do about the clinker though... I'd have to try and edit the idle KeyFrame to no longer have a sound attached to it or something which I have not done before.

And an interesting observation about the way the landmass is structured. It's definitely not the same sort of thing you'll encounter on Vvardenfell or province mods. There's a lot of detail in a much smaller area. I tried to make it as coherent as possible, but everyone will have a different experience with it.

Are there any quests in this version?

There are not. Those will probably come after I add all the interiors and most NPCs and generic dialogue. Completing the interiors is my next priority.

This version is primarily the exteriors with a few interiors sprinkled through it.

• 3 недели спустя...

Announcement! I have finally begun to organize claims for Lyithdonea for those who would like to help me out with getting the large number of interiors I need completed. I'm starting with the main city of Azura. The Residential District is fully organized. The other districts just need a little more attention, but if you see something you're interested in on the Azura City Planning images for those districts, just ask me about it.

Azura City Planning

Residential District Claims

Anyone is welcome to contribute. I will do these myself eventually, but it's simply very time consuming so I appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks,

MD

In the way of an update, I was focusing on the Underworks area this evening. It was very hard for me to work in this cell before as I just threw a bunch of solid blocks in there; so I improved the "tileset" I am using. See the Before / After shots looking from the outside in (this should also be marginally better on performance). It still looks the same from the inside. And now that I fixed up the "tileset", I made the first home interior for the area! Nothing fancy, but the others should go more quickly now.

In addition to that, here's a preview of what will be in the 0.1.3 update so far:

Fixed collision on az_siika_ballista.nif and az_siika_elvenship_01.nif (meshes in the starting area of Dor Dalla)

Made all inhabited exterior cells illegal to rest in

Tweaked ko'tau creature to be more fish-like

Added various misc and furn items for interior design

Added interiors made by Arrianas (thank you!)

Made Docents in Azura City able to transport you to several districts

More transportation nodes

Gave the Chimer Dunmer voices as they were the most fitting

Added loot to Dunguars

Improved underworks tileset

Fixed pathgrid in underworks

Fixed collision on some mushrooms

Bug fixes (thanks, berry, from Project Tamriel!)

• 5 месяцев спустя...

Hey, I realized that I never announced this here:

Lyithdonea Alpha 0.1.3 has been released! This version of the alpha is mostly cosmetic. There is not much dialogue, no quests, and many interiors are incomplete, but you are free to explore the landmass. I know not everyone will be interested to try the mod out at this stage, but I figured that I would give those who are interested the opportunity to explore the Azurian Isles themselves.

Feel free to leave any feedback here or on the mod page!

Congratulations on the release! :)

Thank you!

Hopefully I will be able to begin making some progress on this again soon. There are a few things I have developed recently which I can show here though:

ALPHA Release Album

Maormeri ruin

Detailing the Azura City Slums

Detailing the Azura City Underworks

Dawn on the Isle of Dawn

Lyithdonea with Distant Land

Cephalomancer tests

-
-

And there are some other videos on my YouTube channel I may not have posted here yet either. And there are some other posts on my tumblr blog that you may not have seen as well.

Cheers!

I apologize in advance for my English ! Melchior, I beg you to finish this plug-in, at least, until the stable version 1.0. I really, really looking forward to it a full-fledged fashion! Thank you in advance! :)

I apologize in advance for my English ! Melchior, I beg you to finish this plug-in, at least, until the stable version 1.0. I really, really looking forward to it a full-fledged fashion! Thank you in advance! :)

No need to apologize! Your English is easily readable for me. I'm the one burdening you guys with my English thread! lol.

And not to worry, this mod WILL be completed. It has just taken me FOREVER due to life events, other projects, data loss, redoing things to bring up the quality standard, and the occasional lack of motivation. But I always come back to working on it. For the last few months, I have just been distracted by the ModTown project that I helped start.

No need to apologize! Your English is easily readable for me. I'm the one burdening you guys with my English thread! lol.

And not to worry, this mod WILL be completed. It has just taken me FOREVER due to life events, other projects, data loss, redoing things to bring up the quality standard, and the occasional lack of motivation. But I always come back to working on it. For the last few months, I have just been distracted by the ModTown project that I helped start.

Well, well then, so we will wait and hope. You look - along with Tamriel Rebuild events will - then the work will have to take on vacation for a month :)

• 4 недели спустя...
Потрясающе, нет, серьёзно! Я такое эстетическое наслаждение испытывал, когда впервые играл в Морровинд. Мне особенно так нравится использование воздушных шаров, и карта внушает, очень всё проработано.

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...